The Department of ECE was established in the year 2002-03 with an intake of 60. The department is equipped with modern and state of laboratories and it is functioning with well experienced and qualified teaching staff. The department is located in the 1St floor.
Most of the emerging technologies are due to rapid development of Electronic Communication Technology and Integrated Circuit fabrication. The ECE Department strives to impart quality technical education to meet the large demand for electronic hardward and software engineers in the fields of Computers and Telecommunications.
HOD :B.PRAGATHI M.Tech (Ph.D)
Striving for global recognition for excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering Education, research and development, for the advancement of the society.
Providing quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competent Electronics and Communication Engineers.
- Providing state of the art laboratory and research facilities with opportunities to innovate, design, develop and implement new systems and processes.
- Interact with different industries to integrate R&D activities along with academic learning such that applying engineering solutions in response to the change requirement needs of the society and industry.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates shall apply the fundamental, advanced and contemporary knowledge of Electronics, Communication and allied Engineering, to develop efficient solutions and systems, to meet the needs of the industries and society.
- Graduates will get employed or pursue higher studies or research.
- Graduates will have team spirit, good communication skills and ethics with lifelong learning attitude.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Proficiency on the contemporary skills towards development of innovative electronics and communication systems and solutions.
- Capabilities to participate in the construction of large and complex electronics and/or communication systems of varying complexity
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory
- Basic Simulation Laboratory
- Electronics Circuit Analysis Laboratory
- Pulse & Digital Circuits Laboratory
- Analog Communications Laboratory
- IC Applications Laboratory
- Microprocessors & Micro-controllers Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- Microwave & Digital Communications Laboratory
- Embedded Systems Laboratory
- Modeling & Simulation Lab/Advanced Embedded system s Laboratory